Jeans are a fab foundation for so many outfits – they can be dressed up or dressed down accordingly and I imagine that you will find a few pairs inside the wardrobe of almost every woman. However, finding the perfect pair can be slightly daunting unless you aware of your shape and what you want your jeans to achieve.
Would you like your jeans to:
- flatten and support your tummy area?
- elongate your legs?
- slim your hips and thighs?
- give you a pert bum?
There are so many denim brands and cuts available on the market it is no wonder that we can get a little overwhelmed with the choice available. Here are a few tips to help you on your quest to find the right fit for you.
- If it is a choice between snug or a little big, go for snug
- Denim relaxes slightly as it is worn – keep this in mind when trying on
- Darker denim makes you appear slimmer while light denim may actually add bulk
- Focus on the fit and not the size
- All body shapes should ideally avoid high-waisted jeans (unless you are aged 16-20) as they tend to make the bottom appear larger and the chest area shorter and wide.
- If you are conscious of your tummy area and carry some weight around your middle, try and avoid low-rise jeans, they will neither support nor flatter
- Always look carefully at jeans – do they have contrasting stitching, rips & tears, extra studs, coloured edging on pockets? The list of extras goes on but any one of these could draw attention to the area you are trying to minimise
‘In the right denim, a girl can conquer the world’
Be Kind To Yourself & Stay Inspired
Amanda R x