Or is there?? I am a huge cheerleader for building confidence and showing confidence & self-belief in your own ability. However, when you come across as arrogant or cocky then I totter off in the opposite direction.
Being confident is
- seeing the best in other people, encouraging them to succeed without feeling threatened in any way about your own success
- taking responsibility for your own mistakes, not blaming everyone else
- showing your vulnerable side and knowing it is ok to do so
- knowing your strengths and weaknesses and asking for help when needed
- allowing others to speak without having to talk over them simply because you must be heard
- accepting other people’s views and opinions without feeling the need to push your own opinions onto them
- listening and listening well – that is why we have 2 ears and 1 mouth
- being secure enough to share your talent and ability with others
- when you compete with you and you alone realising your validation doesn’t depend on the opinion of others.
You don’t need to be the loudest person at a party or the work colleague who spends their day putting others down to big themselves up to imply confidence – sometimes I think there is a little confusion as to how a confident person acts but I feel this quotes sums it up perfectly.
‘Arrogance Requires Advertising, Confidence Speaks For Itself’
Be Kind To Yourself & Stay Inspired
Amanda R x